writing Great Plains open orders into UPS program
Jack Tundra
2006-03-18 21:42:10 UTC
I need to import the open sales order information into the UPS program. Has
anyone done something like this before? This is a one time thing.
Dukester
2006-03-21 18:43:03 UTC
ups have an ecommerce group that can help you with mapping the fields into
their system. you can download files fro mtheir website according to your
needs. in our case we upload their files to GP.
--
http://ddelprado.blogspot.com
Jack Tundra
Hitesh Varsani
2006-03-22 13:57:49 UTC
Dukester,
We used to UPS here and on new installs I had file I would copy to a
new client which had field mappings in it for us. I might be able to
dig it out and send it to you if you like.

You may need to change some things such as ODBC settings and possibly
some field mappings but this was generally easy to do.

The method we used was to create the mappings was to create an ODBC on
the clients PC to point to the company database. UPS would then use
this one to connect to retrieve the data.

Hits
Scott
2006-03-24 08:03:03 UTC
Hitesh,
I am trying to work with the UPS software and exchanging data with Great
Plains and I am really struggling setting it up. Can you email me the file
and also a document you use/refer to which will explain the setup (possibly
with screenshots) and daily working. My email is Scott-***@hotmail.com
Thank you for the help in advance.
FrankLOP
2006-05-19 18:49:02 UTC
Scott,

Did you ever get this worked out, Geting Data from GP to Worldship is not
an issue. It's getting the data back into GP from worldship that creates
issues.

To get the data from gp you are going to map the wordship machine using an
odbc connection.
Then (in worldship) goto ups online connect>Connection assistant>create a
new map for import>change the drop down to shipment>then select by known odbc
source(select your odbc)>select new map(give it a name)

once you hit finish it will bring up a window in the left side is your
database on the dropdown go down to SOP10100

you map the fields by clicking on the field on the left and then clicking on
the corresponding worldship field on the right then clicking connect down the
bottom

once all the fields have been mapped, set your primary key to sopnumbe

<finish> go back to UPS online connect>keyed import>more> select your map
name

if the map is correct it should pop up a window type in a Sales Order
number and hit tab the info should be brought into worldship

Hope This helps,

Frank Sturgis
UPS CrossWare Integration Team
Scott